We are in the season of Advent - The time of preparation for the birth of Jesus. As we progress through Advent we light another candle each week growing the light in this time of darkness. We, the members of Hope, are the living "greens" of our wreath, and we believe Christ reaches into our time to lead us into the light of everlasting life. These weeks of preparation are important for us so that we can be ready for Jesus' birth. Come to worship and prepare.
And then it is Christmas! Come to worship and rejoice in the gift of Emmanuel, God With Us!
Note worship times - 8:30 and 11:00 am on December 4, 11, and 18. On Christmas Eve, December 24, there will be a Family Service at 7:00 pm and our Traditional Candlelight Service at 10:30 pm. Christmas Day worship will be one service of Christmas Lessons and Carols at 9:30 am. We celebrate the Eucharist at all of our worship services.
December 4th - 2nd Sunday of Advent
- 8:30 am Contemporary Worship; 11:00 am Traditional Worship
- Readings: Isaiah 40:1-11; Psalm 85:1-2, 8-13; 2 Peter 3:8-15a; Mark 1:1-8
- Prayers: Grace Lutheran Church, Easton, MD; St Peter's Lutheran Church and Prs. James Davis and John Ranney
December 11th - 3rd Sunday of Advent
- 8:30 am Worship; 11:00 am Worship
- Readings: Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11; Psalm 126; 1 Thessalonians 5:16; John 1:6-8, 19-28
- Prayers: Grace Lutheran Church and Pr. Paul Lundmark; Lutheran Volunteer Corp
December 18th - 4th Sunday in Advent
- Readings: 2 Samuel 7:1-11, 16; Luke 1:46b-55; Romans 16:25-27; Luke 1:26-38
- Prayers: St Mark's Lutheran Church and Pr. Fred Melton; St Paul's Lutheran Church and Prs. John Keating and Greg Eidell
December 24th - Christmas Eve
- 7:00pm Family Worship; 10:30pm Candlelight Service
- Readings: Isaiah 9:2-7; Psalm 96; Titus 2:11-14; Luke 2:1-14
December 25th - Christmas Day
- 9:30am — Service of Lessons and Carols
- Readings: Genesis 1:1-5, 14-18; Micah 5:2-5a; Luke 1:26-35,38; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 2:8-20; Matthew 2:1-11; John 1:1-14
- Prayers: Hope Lutheran Church and Pr. Daniel Swanson; Lutheran Community Service and Deaconess Jean Warren